Am I a Young Adult Carer
Are you between the ages of 18 and 24?
Do you provide a substantial amount of unpaid care to another person, usually but not always a family member?
If the answer is yes and you live within the Devon area (excluding Plymouth and Torbay) you can join Bright Futures Upbeat and access:
- Support & Advice for you and your family
- 1 to 1 support to help you cope with challenging issues in your life, such as finding and keeping paid work, accessing training and further education or leaving home
- Advice to ensure that you and the person you care for are getting the services and support you are entitled to
- We can also provide information on the illness or disability that affects the person you care for and guidance to ensure your physical and emotional wellbeing are taken care of too
- If we can’t help we will do our best to find someone who can and we can refer you to other agencies in your area who can support and help you
Download the Young Carers Pack – Young Carers Downloadable Pack
Peer Support Groups and activities where you could meet other Young Adult Carers.
“A MASS ascent of nearly 20 hot air balloons proved the high spot of the Tiverton Balloon Festival. Thousands of visitors descended on the town’s high school and college sites to watch the weekend spectacle. As well as balloons there was a falconry display, model helicopter flying, a fly-past of vintage aircraft and a live music stage with almost 20 acts performing across the three days”
We aim to organise trips in each of the areas covered by Bright Futures and try to provide transport where possible. If you have any ideas for future groups or activities please let us know.