Am I a Young Adult Carer
Are you between the ages of 18 and 24?
Do you provide a substantial amount of unpaid care to another person, usually but not always a family member?
If the answer is yes and you live within the Devon area (excluding Plymouth and Torbay) you can join Bright Futures Upbeat and access:
- Support & Advice for you and your family
- 1 to 1 support to help you cope with challenging issues in your life, such as finding and keeping paid work, accessing training and further education or leaving home
- Advice to ensure that you and the person you care for are getting the services and support you are entitled to
- We can also provide information on the illness or disability that affects the person you care for and guidance to ensure your physical and emotional wellbeing are taken care of too
- If we can’t help we will do our best to find someone who can and we can refer you to other agencies in your area who can support and help you
Download the Young Carers Pack – Young Carers Downloadable Pack
Peer Support Groups and activities where you could meet other Young Adult Carers.
Young Carers Council
The Young Carers’ Council came to Tiverton to The Wall In The Hall, supported by young adult carers from Bright Futures. Items on the agenda: The new Young Carers’ phone app and what activities would our older young carers like to do? Next meeting: February in Okehampton.
Sew & Sea!
A fantastic Up-cycling Workshop at Sew and Sea in Teignmouth. Creating colourful bunting and dog bandanna’s.
Health and Well Being Event
A lovely health and well-being session with cooking, exercise, mood boards and gifts for the young adult carers!!
Tai Chi and Introduction to British Sign Language workshops
A fantastic day had at the British Sign Language and Tai Chi workshops followed by a very delicious lunch.
“I had such a good day. I am so blessed to be invited to these wonderful outings thank you” Young Adult Carer
We aim to organise trips in each of the areas covered by Bright Futures and try to provide transport where possible. If you have any ideas for future groups or activities please let us know.